After leaving Abraham Lincoln’s birthplace we spent the rest of the day driving to Wisconsin. It was a long travel day full of snacks, movies, and naps. But I wanted to post about it anyways because dinner was a highlight. Sometimes we have “snack meals” or stop at a fast food place, but this time we chose to eat at a sit down restaurant called Beaver’s Den Tavern. We chose it because of its 4.7⭐️ review on Google Maps. The map originally said it was in Earlville but as we drove closer we realized that Earlville was probably the closest big town because the restaurant was actually in Paw Paw, a tiny town with one small main street, the library across from the grocery store and one restaurant. When we walked in all heads tuned to look at us and our waitress told us later she thought we had moved to town since she hadn’t seen us before. This was definitely at local hot spot. I told Dave earlier I was tired of fast food and wanted something green. Well, this was all home made and freshly fried which was wonderful, but nothing green in sight. Although the stuff pepper soup I ate was very good (and warm…summer in the Midwest is very different than Florida summers). Annabelle bonded with our waitress over Taylor Swift and by the end of the evening they were best buds and Annabelle invited her to her birthday party in August. I love how she makes friends wherever she goes. It was a fun dinner and even though we pulled into our Wisconsin Dell KOA after midnight, it was worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Stop Vicksburg, MS
From the Ozarks we drove to Pelatachie, MS to camp at Jellystone Park. We had a great time swimming in the pool, sliding, and playing in th...
-
Today we drove back across the border to Georgia to visit Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park where we learned about the bat...
-
We have affectionately named the Wisconsin Dells the Myrtle Beach of the Midwest. There is every activity, amusement park, and themed resta...
-
When Dave says “I have a crazy idea” I brace myself a little. They usually work out, but definitely push me outside my comfort zone. His id...




No comments:
Post a Comment